Aides said the palace has a fleet of cars to move if the Queen were sick. (Fox News)
Queen Elizabeth II is in “very good form” after doctors advised her to rest following a gastroenteritis episode, Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said.
“I know she has undertaken a number of engagements in the last couple of days, although the doctors said she’s in very good form and if she’d have been ill, I’m very sure that she would have pulled out of them,” Johnson told Sky News on Wednesday.
“So it’s just typical of her character to go ahead, even though the doctors have told her to not,” he added.
The 91-year-old monarch had a gastroenteritis episode on August 20 which forced her to skip a celebration marking the country’s Diamond Jubilee.
She reportedly was advised by medics not to undergo official engagements, although her aides have told media that a fleet of cars could be on standby to take her anywhere if she is feeling ill.
Johnson said the royals had been unaware of the high-profile aid scam which involved the fake eviction of people in London to create the event to mark her Diamond Jubilee.
“This is something they hadn’t heard about and it’s unlikely they would have even known what it was in the first place,” he said.
“But this was a very private and an off-the-record event, none of the royals knew about it and it was being held in one of their own homes, so why it happened I don’t know and I don’t think it’s relevant,” he added.